Sunday, August 14, 2011

4 weeks!



Well, Case is almost 4 weeks old already! I can honestly say its been the longest 4 weeks of my life! Trying to adjust the lack of sleep and all the things that have gone wrong has left me pretty much numb. Eventually, maybe, I might want another one! ha ha in a few years. We have been to the doctor 2 to 3 times every week since he's been alive. He has had a lot of little problems many due to the fact that I have been sick and so he's been getting sick from me. This last week we went in to weigh him and he still hadn't gained any weight since he was born, so the doctor was pretty concerned. I had to take him into the hospital to get an X ray on his upper GI tract to see if he needed surgery to help fix his acid reflux. He has been throwing up a lot more and the doctor thinks that might be one of the reasons why he isn't gaining. So after reviewing the X ray the doc decided that we should try some acid reflux medicine, that so far isn't working. But I am hopeful! So after we figured out this problem, I realized the other night he doesn't stay asleep in his crib because its uncomfortable for his tummy! So I decided to put him in his bouncy and shove blankets next to him to make him feel more secure! Which resulted in 3 hour sleep segments! I was practically crying with joy! Bring on the sleep.

I am recovering surprisingly well after my C section! I am ready to get back to running already but I know I need to wait 2 more weeks. Not being able to run is getting old! I cannot wait to get back into it!

As for Sam, we still haven't heard what is going on for our next job. I am sure we will hear in a month or so. This job is almost done it looks like! Hopefully we'll be out of Texas in know time!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are getting some sleep!!! I remember putting Maggie in the swing when she was first born because she wouldn't stay asleep in her bassinet.. it was Heaven! Give the little man a little snuggle from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there with the acid reflux. After spending a week with my sister in law whose little baby projectile vomits just about every time she eats I can really feel for you. I am sure that he will start to improve. We will keep you guys in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about all the of the medical issues, hopefully both of your systems will even out this week! Fingers crossed! Glad the bouncy chair helped him finally get some good sleep. I know that was the ONLY thing that worked for my sister's first little one! Joe and I love you all tons!

    ReplyDelete